Will I be taxed by the US if I invest as a Non-US Person?

Dividends to be paid to non-US investors will also be subject to a US withholding tax of 30%, although a reduced withholding rate, or an exemption from withholding, may apply if specified in an applicable tax treaty between the investor’s home country and the US. Investors can fill out a Form a W-8BEN (available on the website of the US Internal Revenue Service)form  to claim reductions or exemptions based on their country's relevant tax treaties with the US. Different types of Form W-8 apply to different types of investors -- natural persons, businesses, etc.

Our offering circulars discuss typical US tax issues relevant to also provide tax descriptions for US and Non-US investors under the heading, “Certain U.S. Federal Income Tax Considerations.”

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.